Followers

Friday 2 April 2010

Good Morning, Good Friday

Hi Everyone,
Sorry I have not posted for a couple of days as my laptop decided to play games and not work properly. Any way i'm back now.Talking of backs my back has also decided it wants to play up on me on Thursday morning.  I did manage to get into work though and with a little careful monouvring throughout I got through the day. I am still learning to put things on my blog so please bare with me but I do know how to post and add pictures so far.So let me show you the three cards that I taught at in2crafting.co.uk this week.The class was Fancy Florals and we do still have spaces, so hurry to book if you would like to have a go.
This first one as you can see was the inspiration for my two Mothers Day cards but I used single sided pearl card instead of cordination card to double emboss the background.I cut the roses using a 2" woodware six petaled punch. I also daubered Memento Grape Jelly ink on the edges of the petals to give a more shaded appearance. 
Oh I just love the flowers and the cow stamp on this card, infact I just love this card! The border at the bottom is made from one of four designs from the Marianne "Createables" range with some gold ribbon threaded through. The background paper is from the Basic Grey Wisteria range "Finch". The three different flowers are all from the Marianne "Createables" Flowers . I daubered Topaz Versacolor ink on the edge of the petals to bring them to life and then popped a steamon in the middle and an amber gem. The cow stamp was a Nellie Snellen design which I coloured with Pro marker pens.
These medallion flowers are really clever because you use the round Nellie Frames Cut and Emboss dies to create  them. I cut two of each size first then took one circle of each and folded/creased down the centre of each of the petals. Then I cut half way down inbetween each petal, then pinch the folded petal and lift upwards to create the shape. Using PVA glue I stuck the newly shaped petals ontop of the flat shape to make the flowers.The centre was punched from a circle punch and embossed on a soft mat to create dimension. I hope you like these cards and feel inspired to have a go yourself. Hugs Di xx  

3 comments:

  1. I love these cards - you are sooooo clever!! Love u loads :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the message Lynne. Thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to get my punch so that I can start making the roses. I just loved them!xxxx

    ReplyDelete